DST-Women Technology Park
DST-Women Technology Park For Capacity Building & Entrepreneurship Development At Ranchi & East Singhbhum (GAP-0288)
Women often underestimate themselves without realizing their latent potential. In the journey towards ensuring ‘empowerment’ and ‘equal opportunities’ for women in India, it is essential to motivate both men and women to act differently when it comes to issues pertaining to women. Breaking the glass ceiling, CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory (NML), Jamshedpur in association with National Institute of Foundry & Forge Technology (NIFFT), Ranchi has proposed a project Women Technology park (WTP) for capacity building and entrepreneurship development for women. WTP project is sponsored by Department of Science and Technology (DST).
- To offer a six month certificate entrepreneurship development Train the Trainers (ToT) programme on Innovative product development to create a pool of competent women trainers
- To train women in the areas of waste Management and carpentry for capacity building resulting to enchantment of their employment potential
- To carry out need assessment study for women centric product innovation for developing innovative machines and tools for improving working condition of women through S & T
- To establish incubation centre for women entrepreneurship development focusing rural India
- To create common facilitation centres for women entrepreneurs
- Course content ( EDP on Innovative product development)
- Course content on Job Oriented Training (JOT)
- Training Infrastructure including incubation centre
- Common facilitation centre for product development
- Report and publications
- External cash flow (ECF)
- Need assessment survey report
- Product prototypes
- 36 months (July 2021- June 2024)
Job Oriented Training
CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory (NML) in association with the National Institute of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (NIAMT), Ranchi is establishing a Women Technology Park (WTP) project sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology (DST)..
DST - WTP Events
Under DST-Women Technology Park, CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory organizes various training programs and events. To know the details of ongoing events, training programs as well as completed events, and training programs.
CSIR-NML organizes various workshops, training, and events under the Women Technology Park project, supported and catalyzed by the Department of Science and Technology, GOI. To see the published news about workshops, training, and events of DST-WTP.