To be a nationally relevant, globally benchmarked and self-sustained technology & innovation center in Minerals, Metals and Materials Engineering.
To develop technologies that meet the need of the country, provide sustainable solutions to Industry and add value to our society through dissemination of knowledge, skill building and developing entrepreneurship
- To address the needs of the minerals and metals industry through innovative research solutions conforming to sustainable development practices
- To create niche areas in alloy development and advanced materials technology
- To generate expertise in engineering critical assessment of in-service industrial structural components through multi-disciplinary networked research initiatives
- To develop innovative solutions for resource conservation and man-made metal bearing materials through recycling and advanced waste management strategies
- To provide quality services for materials testing and evaluation, calibration and certified reference materials
- To fulfill societal obligations through development of cost effective technologies for safe drinking water