Fatigue and fracture behaviour of rail steel
Steel Authority of India Ltd developing rail steel for specific grade toward the requirement of Iranian agency. The mechanical properties of these indigenous developed steel need to be evaluated. CSIR-NML has partially took responsibility for these evaluation.
- Fatigue and fracture toughness tests at -20oC for qualification as per EN-13674-12011 standard
- Assessment of fatigue crack growth rate as per -13674-12011.
- Fatigue strength of four grade of Rail steel
- Fracture toughness of rail steel at -20oC
- Fatigue crack growth rate of all the grades.